It’s Father’s Day tomorrow and for those that need a last minute gift, I have you covered. This recipe brings a classic Aussie Tim Tam and smothers it in amazing brownie batter. This dish won’t just have Dad feeling proud that he has such talented kids but have him asking for more chocolate heaven. But that’s no problem to you because this recipe is so easy you won’t even mind baking batch after batch. What I also love about these brownies is being able to customise the Tim Tams to whichever flavour you like best and adding extra bits for added texture.
How To: Tim Tam Stuffed Brownies
What you’ll need:
Makes approx. 16 slices
|1st half of the brownie mix
– 1 pack of 165g Arnott’s Tim Tams – original
– 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
– 180g unsalted butter
– 100g brown sugar or 3/4 cup
– 110g all purpose flour or 3/4 cup
– 3 eggs
– 50g of white chocolate buttons (optional – for decorative purposes)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius / 350 degrees Farenheit
2. Line a slice tin with baking paper (I only had a 24cm x 24cm tin but use whatever you have at home)
3. Place butter and dark chocolate bits into a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water to create a double boiler to melt to a silky smooth texture then set aside
|This decorative pattern didn’t turn out
as well as the smaller white choc chips.
It looks great before baking though!
4. In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar until well combined
5. Add the butter chocolate melted mixture until we’ll incorporated
6. Add flour and stir until smooth
7. Add half of the brownie batter into the baking dish and spread until even spread around the tin
8. Place Tim Tams in an even layer over the top of the brownie mix
9. Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the top – try to aim for any spaces that may not have have any Tim Tam action
10. Add remaining second half of the brownie mix and lightly spread until evenly dispersed
Optional : add remaining white chocolate chips on top to brownie mix stack for decorative purposes
11. Pop brownie into the oven and bake for 30 minutes
12. Allow to cool in the tin for about 15 minutes before turning out then serve!
|Ready to bake!
These brownies have an oozing soft centre and crispy crust making them the ultimate guilty pleasure. Serve these brownies with some ice cream for an amazing hot and cold combo or with some simple tea to soothe the soul. These Tim Tam Brownies were so fun to make and cure any of those sugar cravings so do give these a try and let me know how you go.
For any Dad Nibblers out there, I hope you have a lovely Father’s Day and enjoy being spoilt today! I know my Dad will be enjoying a relaxed Sunday with some brownies. 🙂 I hope you are all well. I’m hoping that when I next blog, it won’t be as a long break. It definitely is hard juggling blogging when I’m working now but, I’ll try and put as many recipes as I can.
|Fresh out of the oven
Until next time,